High Tea Weekend 2019
Friday, August 30, 2019, at the Monday Club
- 7pm Doors open (must be pre-registered - event is sold out)
- 8-11pm English Country Dance with Joanna Reiner
Saturday, August 31, 2019 at the Monday Club
- 9:30am Doors Open (must be pre-registered - event is sold out)
- 10am-12pm English workshop with Joanna Reiner
- 12-2pm Lunch on your own
- 2-4pm English workshop with Joanna Reiner
- 4-8pm Nap, dinner on your own, dress
- 7pm Doors open
- 8-11pm High Tea English Country Dance Ball (dressy attire), with Joanna Reiner
- 11pm Potluck Afterparty - bring instruments and a snack to share
If you like to come in period attire (as many of us do) we are suggesting Regency dress, or any period of your choosing that does not require hoop skirts or the wearing of swords. The hall is a wee bit small to accommodate large skirts or weaponry.
If you prefer to come in modern dress (as many of us do) we merely suggest that you wear something nice and fun to dance in.
Sunday, September 1, 2019
- 11am-1:30pm Potluck Brunch at Mary Schmidt's house in Kirkwood
- 2:30pm Calling Party Workshop at the Monday Club $5 (You don't have to be pre-registered. All are welcome.)
Sunday evening, September 1, 2019, at the Monday Club
7-10pm Childgrove Country Dancers hold their regular Sunday Contra Dance at the Monday Club. The fee for entrance to this dance is $8.
band: Dave Wiesler, Amanda Ramey, Martha Edwards
caller: Bob Green and Jack Mitchell
Monday, September 2, 2019 is Labor Day. There are fabulous things to do in St Louis over Labor Day. We suggest the Botanical Gardens. Or the Zoo. Or the History Museum. Or the Arch.